Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I love oatmeal for breakfast. It is so warm and comforting. We are getting a bit of coolish weather (well, for Louisiana that is) and I had this lonely can of pumpkin puree in my pantry. Pumpkin pie oatmeal was just begging to be made.



1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 tsp maple syrup if you need it a little sweeter

Bring the almond milk to a simmer over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.

If you need a little sweetener, maple syrup is perfect for this. Try to find grade B. It is so much better than grade A and, for heaven's sake, do not use pancake syrup. Bleh! Who knows what terrible things would happen!



I enjoyed my pumpkin pie oatmeal with a nice pot of Taylors of Harrogate Tea Room Blend tea. It was almost the same color as my oatmeal. It a bracing brew, perfect for a cold morning when I need a little "kick."

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks great. I'll definitely give this a try here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete