Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Vegan Cajun Thanksgiving

Okay, so the title is a bit misleading.  Our Thanksgiving table was not totally vegan, simply because I'm the only non-meat eater out of my husband's large family.  I do have one sister who is pescetarian, one who is vegan, and my dad is vegan.  That's out of two parents and nine siblings.  (Yes, I said nine.)  However, none of my family was at MY Thanksgiving :'^(  since they are all scattered from Oregon to Louisiana and many spots in between.  All of my in-laws are meat eaters.  However, since I host Thanksgiving, much of our dinner was vegan.  There was a turkey and a ham, but guess what was left over and not eaten?  Hmm...you guessed it.  All the vegan sides and desserts were gobbled up.  Here's our menu:  

Turkey and Ham
Butternut Squash and Crab Bisque (with a portion made vegan for me - my daughter made this)
Vegan Mushroom Gravy
Mashed Potatoes (SIL)
Cornbread Dressing (MIL)
Vegan Apple and Sage "Sausage" Dressing
Carrots (SIL - vegan)
Grilled Green Beans with Golden Almonds (vegan)
Corn (duh - vegan) 
Vegan Sweet Crunchy Brussels Sprouts Salad
Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
Cranberry Chutney and Raw Cranberry Relish (vegan)
French Bread (BIL - vegan)
Vegan Apple-Cranberry-Ginger Pie 
Vegan Pecan Pie Truffles
Turtle Cheesecake (I purposely didn't want to veganize this - I didn't want it to tempt me!)
Pecan Pie (MIL)
Vegan Pumpkin Cookies


I don't have a ton of photos because it's hard to take pictures with a pack of ravenous wolves lot of hungry guests who are ready to eat.  I do have a few and will include them with the recipes.  Otherwise, just trust us. It was delicious!  

We had a lovely Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for all my enormous family - in-laws included!  

No comments:

Post a Comment